|Topped with dried banana and pink sugar|
Oh my I am in LOVE! With hummingbird cupcakes. A sexy banana cake. More stylish, more sweet, with all the flavours of paradise in cupcake- pecan, coconut, pineapple, banana, cinnamon. Yes we've gone from sunshine paradise in Ireland to bone-chilling rain but it won't get me down with these cupcakes bringing me to a Caribbean beach I've never been too. Better make a cup of tea to warm me up all the same...
Adapted From Martha Stewart Recipe
Makes 24 large muffin sized (pictured on individual stand), 30+ 'standard' cupcakes (pictured below)
3 cups of plain flour sifted
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
8oz unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups caster sugar
3 large eggs
2 large overripe bananas mashed
1 cup and half of chopped pecans
10oz tin of pineapple, drained and finely chopped
3/4 cup dessicated coconut
1. Put melted butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and beat on high for about 5 minutes.
2. Add the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Beat for a further 3 minutes.
3. Fold in the coconut, pineapple, mashed banana and the pecans
3. Sift the baking soda and flour into a bowl and add the cinnamon and salt.
4. Fold in the flours until just combined.
5. Bake for about 20 minutes in a 190oC fan oven. The tops might not be too brown but that is OK. If you overcook they will be dry rather than moist. Inserting a skewer is the easiest way to check if they are cooked.
|Decorated with Dr Oetker wafer daisies|
|On my Newbridge silverware cupcake stand, a much loved present|
from Baby in a Corner!